After several months of work, we are proud to introduce a redesign of the Kim’s Academy website! Improvements include:
- Completely replacing the old website (which was static HTML-based) with a solution that uses WordPress as the underlying foundation. For those non-technical, this is Good Thing and should allow us to make future updates with less effort in the future.
- Utilizing a Responsive template. This means the website will automatically adjust the content you see to fit the laptop, tablet, or smartphone device you are viewing it on.
- Improvements to each Kim’s Academy location page
- A Google Map view.
- Clearer presentation of schedules.
- An experimental “Schedule Finder” feature. With this feature you can look at a summary view of schedules from all Kim’s Academy locations and filter on specific class types, days, times, or locations. For example, let’s say you’re interested in attending a Kim’s Academy class but only have Tuesday’s and Thursday’s opened. With the Schedule Finder you can filter on these two days and see what class locations and times fit your request!
- News and Announcements posted to the website will provide Google Map views and event information you can add to your calendars with one simple click.
- A Search feature (look for the magnifying glass icon to the right of the main menu bar), allowing you to quickly find content on the website.
- An easier way for us to add social links to popular sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and SnapChat. Kim’s Academy Instructors – if you have any social links you’d like to add to your location please let us know!
There are still a few minor “fit and finish” items to complete, but overall we think you’ll enjoy the experience! If you have any feedback or comments, feel free to send them to email@example.com.
Senior Master Robert Stankey, 6th Dan